July 27, 2013

a recipe for Sunday | gluten free chex mix


So I came across a little chex mix recipe in one of my gluten free cookbooks.. if anyone loved crispix mix it was me..so this I had to try. There are about 12 cups of ingredients in it and I made it just before supper yesterday and it's gone. Gone. A day. Yup, it's good!


Any-time Mix from Fast & Simple Gluten Free by Gretchen F Brown

8 cups chex cereal
1.5 cups pecan halves
1.5 cups walnut halves
1 cup g free pretzels ( we used Glutino )
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350F
Combine the cereal, pecans, walnuts and pretzels in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine the butter, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour the mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to combine.

Pour the mix onto a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. I used parchment paper and spray. Bake for 8 minutes, stirring pretty frequently and then bake an addition 5-8 minutes. I watched it close and kept stirring the last few minutes, I didn't want it to burn :)

ENJOY!!

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

No comments: