June 24, 2010

painting furniture

Do you play musical furniture? This dresser my mom + dad bought for Calleigh's baby room 5 years ago. She now has an armoire, so Lauren had the dresser. Now she has the white model of this dresser, and Calleigh's original piece is now my side table. So thanks mom :)
To get to the point, I am thinking about doing the same treatment to this as I did to my desk. Staining the outside darker and painting the drawers a creamy white.


Make sure you visit all the giveaway posts along the left sidebar to enter!

I'm pretty flattered this week.. you can find my bedroom pick here, and my entry here! Thanks Yahnay and Brittany! Make sure you stop by and see Brittany for another great giveaway!

9 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

I've played musical furniture ever since I can remember . . . great fun.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness, I just clicked on the desk that you did and it is GORGEOUS!! I say you should definitely do the same treatment to your dresser!

lisaroy said...

Every time we move, it's musical furniture and actually I kind of love it - it gives it a whole new life somehow. The dark stain/paint combo would look amazing! I love your collection of candles with that lamp. : )

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

LOL - constantly playing musical furniture! My husband just moved three chairs for me last night - because i hurt my back moving the china cabinet.. love your bedroom pic - gorgeous.

Milk and Honey Home said...

love the cream collection....I say go for it! Julie

Rachel said...

I think it would look great!!

And I love playing musical furniture too!

Yahnay said...

I totally know what you mean about moving things around. I kind of like it though. It keeps things fresh and new. I love the bedside table now, but I also love your desk. Its a hard decision. I think if you have the urge to change something then its worth it doing it.

LindsB said...

I paint things and move them around all the time too. I think the plan for your desk sounds great!

Lissa Pierce said...

I love playing musical furniture! I usually get tired of where things are every couple of months and move some things around....instant transformation.