January 22, 2013

instagrammed and a gallery wall before + after

I am in LOVE with Crate & Barrel's everyday wine glass. It's so the perfect everyday ( ha! ) glass. It's short stem and wide thin cup are perfection. I enjoy a glass when I cook supper every night-


Friday afternoon before we pick up the girls from school hubs and I always sneak in a coffee date. It's such a great way to end the week and start the weekend. I'm all about a caramel apple spice ( no whip of course )-


These two were party ready this weekend. Calleigh ( on the right ) turned 7-


There were a few baking fiasco's.. one that ended with me sobbing and yelling and scraping uncooked chocolate dairy + gluten free cake in the garbage. Just being honest, ha! I'm blaming it completely on hormones ;) . By the time I was done my fit, my sweet sweet husband had already left for the store for new ingredients. Love him :)


This little moment in the house made me happy today..


I'm super sensitive to scent, but I like to have some.. so I dilute the scent with coffee beans. Don't laugh, it actually works! I'll let this one sit like this for a day or two more. I have the diptyque rose scent in a vase surrounded with coffee beans- it's cute and helps! Allows this migraine sufferer some pretty :)


Here's a gallery wall $10 QUESTION before + after for you.. L wanted a fresh look for her gallery wall-


I just love how it turned out. We simplified with a new layout, changed the frames and picked out some great art pieces! L added a few $10 gallery wall water colors to her inspiration pinboard too..so you might spy a couple in there :) fun!


design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

1 comment:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby! and that gallery wall looks great. Also love your orchid and the idea of putting it in a clear dish.