July 8, 2012

navy, would you?

Since our bedroom is the one room in our house that has rich wood tones and gold accents in it, it's got me thinking about navy. I feel like I've spent so much time fighting to make it tonal and pale like the rest of our house now is, that I've over looked a color that might look fabulous! The walls now are a beigy greige and I'm thinking about taking the navy up about 3/4 of the way and leaving the greige at the top for some relief from a dark color. I'll add in some mill work to separate the two colors use my cream linen bedding to brighten it. What so you think? Have you used navy?!


via 1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

15 comments:

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

We repainted our dining room navy about two months ago, perfect with the antique brass fixtures and warm wood built-ins...I say go for it!

preppylove said...

I haven't used navy but I would love to when I get in a real home after graduation! One of my favorite colors.

xoxo

Unknown said...

I love navy.....especially in a bedroom. There's something very calming about a dark color on the walls of a bedroom.

leanne said...

i love navy and neutrals, it still looks fresh even though it's dark. gorgeous go for it!

Mary said...

Do it. Navy is the new black.

Becca | Lowlife Couture said...

oh I love, love, love the look! DO IT!

Jordin- I Love That! said...

I have always wanted to paint a room navy! I think it would look great!

April said...

We haven't used it in our own house (no rooms are right for it, unfortunately) but I love the colour combo. If you've got the right space, I say Go For It!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

We used navy in our guest bath (right off the pool), and I love it! I went with SW Naval, and had it darkened 25%. Can't wait to see what you choose!

Holly Gruszka said...

We've got navy accents in our master and I love it. Our guest room is more of a marine blue but I love that too. I'm in the process of freshening up the guest room and trying to decide on some new pillows. I say go for it!

Raiana S @ lifeSTYLE said...

I love navy! I have big regrets that I painted our upstairs grey and not a dark navy. I hope you do it, I think it will look stunning!

Raiana
lifeSTYLE

Sara said...

I'm ALL about navy right now.. It is consistently my favorite color during the July - August summer season. I've actually been dreaming of what room in my house I can paint navy... so I say go for it! And share pics!

Anonymous said...

hi - just painted our master bedroom BM "Old Navy" - love it! the drama is amazing and its very restful.

Laura @ Caught by Design said...

I've never used navy on any of my walls, but if I had a room that could really work I would totally go for it! Navy and gold is one of my all-time favourite colour combinations!

Danielle Hardy said...

None of my rooms are navy but after looking at these photographs i want to get right on it and re-decorate :) I actually love the richness of the colour and how everything pops against it!