March 8, 2010

desk makeover

waayyy back when I was a teenager, I was given this vanity that was my great grandmothers. I used it for years as a vanity, but it has been sitting now in my basement for years.
Time to fix it up.




enter dad and a lesson on sanding..


some sweet little lamps found at super store ( $10 each! ) that will look lovely when it's done.

It will get a second sanding this weekend, but in the mean time I'm getting a feel for it-

( AND, a huge thank you to mom, dad, jared, kevin, karen + terry, oh yeah and I think Ryan put in a few screws too.. for all your help with the basement!! xo )



4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, what a great piece of furniture, and those lamps are exactly what I have been looking for! Can you tell me who makes them or maybe where you got them? I love your blog btw, so beautiful, I added you to my reader :)

Erica Cook said...

It's going to be great Sarah! xo

bluehydrangea said...

Loving the lamps!! Can't wait to see the vanity all finished!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for the sweet comment! The lamps were purchased here in Canada at Superstore or Loblaws. Thanks xo