October 15, 2009

suits me

When flipping through the November issue of Elle Decor I was struck by the beauty of designer Darryl Carters Washington DC townhouse. It is monochromatic, sophisticated a little time worn and truly magnificent. There are so many pieces of this home that speak to me.
The bench seat is taken to a whole new level. I seriously enjoy the black interior doors.

Not much needs to be said for this kitchen. How fabulous is the built in butlers pantry right on the island? The windows, doors, double range- it appears so simple and almost rustic but truly glamorous when you consider all the elements.

crisp cabinetry with time worn stools


A great harvest table with stacks of great reading. I love the combination of wood, crisp black and white.

oh! The desk. The chair. The mirror.


a large and comfortable bedroom that is timeless in it's furnishings.

how great is the step stool!



lush + elegant.
A beautiful home that has been edited to suit it's owners amazing sense of style.
image&article.elle decor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh...love the harvest table! perfectly worn by time, love and many dinners with family & dear friends... I so want one for our home....I have leftover reclaimed hardwood from our floors and am thinking that if I was really talented I could build one! lol!!! jen

Unknown said...

you could! ( don't you have a handy neighbor? :) )