February 19, 2012

an [instagram] peek..

I almost did a happy dance standing in my favorite bookstore INDIGO, and seeing my house amongst all the home mags.. surreal :)


K and I were able to sneak away for a three day break to the Mountains with no kiddos, it's been three years since we've had a holiday..


We stayed in Banff, and drove up to Lake Louise to go skating on the lake and to have lunch at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise..I was admiring the ceilings..


Back in Banff a stroll around town, and a visit to The Hudsons Bay Company feels so authentically Canadian while in the Rocky Mountains! Loved the window..


ahh, wine, quiet time and alone time ( of course I was blogging ;)


My Calleigh got glasses this month-


we visited grams and grandad in Red Deer and did a little shopping-


We installed my moms GALLERY WALL piece in her home.. I love this vignette-


and while we were there Mom pulled out our wedding picture..we look like such babies!! ( 9 years ago )


and C wanted to take my picture while we stopped to get coffee for the drive home..


new little owls from HM are in the girls rooms..


too cute


a stop at Indigo, my favorite little note pads are $1, I stocked up!


Admiring this gorgeous grey fabric with the pink agate slice I picked up in the mountains-


and today I picked up a new plant.. love :)



E DESIGN ( design/ inspiration board via email after lots of on line discussion ) is the perfect option to help you design from scratch, update or finish a room! To see all the details visit Sarah Swanson Design.

8 comments:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Congrats on all the features! We've been dying to go to Banff ever since we saw some pics from some friends, so jealous!!

Unknown said...

what a great weekend!

Marianne said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Isn't instagram the best! I featured a few snaps today with it too. Love your wedding photo, gorgeous, and your daughter looks so chic in her new glasses! xo

Laura Collins said...

I love this post! I can't even imagine how exciting it would be to see my home in a magazine at Indigo- So inspiring & I love all of your new finds!

Btw, what kind of plant is that?

Laura

Gracefullysearching@blogspot.com

cass said...

I have been frequenting your blog this past month and I just have to tell you how much I adore your style. You are so effortlessly chic!!

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks for the hit of Canadiana this morning! I love your pictorial today!

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, you have been busy! Glad to see you are having so much fun.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ahhh I have those owls! So cute!

xoxo
eileen