September 17, 2013

the house tour continues with the office, TB wallpaper, a discount and $10 Design Q's are still available!



So right outside these sliding doors is the kitchen you saw yesterday.. hubs and I both work from home so we needed a space that was comfortable for both of us. When I found these narrow Ikea consoles I knew they would be perfect desks-


I have a monstrous bulletin board from RH baby + child.. I have to keep the sliding door partially out so I can lean it here by my desk ;) You can see a bit of the kitchen outside of the office door.. 


I purposely keep this room really subdued and simple, I like to have neatness and calm around me.. I guess the same goes for the whole house. I don't over style or over accessorize rooms, I like to have livable spaces that are easy to keep clean :)




This room has an awkward window that is high and wide.. this Crate & Barrel piece fits really nicely underneath and it's our grand central for ipads and phones to charge as well as filing and it gives us each a random 'junk drawer' ;) 
-







I clearly should have fixed the curtains so they were falling nicely ha ha.. ahhh you're really getting the real deal house tour, I didn't style things to oblivion first, that's just not me :)


Here's what I used ::

Serena & Lily drapes ( all through the house )
Crate & Barrel Carter secretary

If you're looking for a fun wallpaper for your phone or tablet, I added this to my ipad mini yesterday and it's pretty cute! Find it here on the Tory blog..


Remember you have until the end of September to save 10% off your purchase at Hattan Home! Use code flourishdesign at checkout!






$10 design questions.. YES they are still available!! I have taken them off the Etsy site and am in the process of making them live to purchase from my website :) In the meantime if you would like to purchase them please just send me an email and I will send over a PayPal invoice and let you know what day your Q's are scheduled for! (sarah@sarahswansondesign.com)




New to $10 Design Questions?! Here's what they are for!

Need a design question answered?! There are a lot of home owners who love their home but may have just a question or two about details. You don't need a design board, or even hourly design help.. but you need an opinion, a source, a color..that's where this DESIGN QUESTION service comes in!

For only $10, ask me exactly what you need..

 Sarah, I'm looking for a new paint color for the space..what would you suggest?!

 Send me your pictures and I'll suggest a small range of colors that would suit the space perfectly!
**

Sarah, our living room is lovely, but some pillows would finish it off perfectly! What pillows would you suggest?

 Let me pull together some great options for you!
**
 Our kitchen needs new lighting!

 Let me show you an option that would look great in the space!
**
Sarah, we're shopping for new window coverings, what would you suggest?!

 I'll send you the link to the product I think would work best!
**

Wondering if your questions fall into the $10 Q category? Just email me! (sarah@sarahswansondesign.com )

 Please note DESIGN QUESTIONS are for simple questions.. if you need more help than just " what color would you suggest?" I do have other great service options available for you!

**

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog for details on getting the room you love through e design!

No comments: