April 9, 2013

it seems I hate jeans

 Ok so I don't hate them altogether.. just 3 seasons out of 4. I remember last spring I ordered jeans like crazy from J Crew.. and then sold them all in the fall. I kept thinking to myself " why the heck did you order so many pairs of jeans?! You don't wear them ever! " So this spring a few weeks ago I found myself scouring Piperlime, Anthro, shop bop.. looking for jeans. WHY?! I couldn't pick any and I didn't want any. Here's what I figured out..  In the fall I start wearing leggings and boots, and that's truly ALL I wear. I will buy an assortment of tops for my leggings, but I stick to them. Then spring comes around and the shirts don't work so well with leggings..AH HA! This is when I want jeans! Jeans + flats. Thank gawd I figured it out. But then, I'm not really fussy about denim denim. So I have ordered red Citizen jeans from anthro  ( remember the hot pants?! ) Bought white Tory Burch skinny jeans that are AWESOME.. and after much deliberation, I also picked out these TB patterned jeans-


and these Vince jeans. It seems I like my denim boldly colored ;) I'm just happy I figured it all out.. ha.. now in the summer I'll just pack them all away for next spring-


I'm also finding and ordering my next obsession.. shorts. I LOOOVE short weather :)

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shorts?! oh my gosh, I am the total opposite. I hate shorts, I just find they dont look good on me at all. But jeans and skirts/dresses are my go to!
I love what you picked out though! Those floral ones are perfect xo