January 2, 2013

new house file | bonus room

The 'bonus room' up above the garage in the new house will be a new space for us.. we've never had the extra room upstairs, always down. I'm totally looking forward to seeing how it gets used.

The plan was to incorporate a bit of a play space for the girls, but they're getting older now, and it's not so much about all the big toys like it used to be. At the very last second I came up with a storage idea that we just snuck into planning approval. It may be my best idea yet ;)

There is one huge long ( kinda useless ) wall leading into the room off the hall. We are making a wall of closet.. two sets of double open swinging doors ( not bi folds ) with 3 rows of wire shelving to hold Ikea's pink bins behind it. OH BABY.. this makes this clutter free Momma SO happy :)

Decor wise, here's my plan..


































Taking inspiration from this Home & Home room, we are getting this sofa from Crate & Barrel ( I die over it's belgian influenced swing arm ). I have the zebra pillows and Pottery Barn big baskets in storage just waiting for this room! It will be a comfy cozy lazy space.. oh with the added coziness of the girls white faux fur bean bags..play space, cozy tv space, family space :)

design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

2 comments:

Kacey @ Shes.No.Martha said...

LOVE the couch -- been looking at it as well. Let us know what you think after you lived with it for awhile. I was concerned about the cushions going flat.

I LOOOOOOVE that room! I have that (accidently) pinned about 100x.

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

What a gorgeous inspiration photo. Can't wait to see how your space turns out! That storage closet sounds perfect.