December 15, 2009

holiday home

Welcome to the home of my lovely friend Jen. We go back to the days of junior high. We both had moms who believed in our decorating talents. I had never seen a bedroom so full of noonie noos ( as my mother affectionately calls them )accessories, stuff. Good stuff. I believe back then her bedroom was dark green. Am I right Jen? Mine was a bright turquoise green. After those rooms we probably both found our love for neutrals. :)
Jen is a nurse, a mom of two sweet adorable children and a wife to her hardworking husband. She also has just that way of making everything look effortless. She's that good. She's crafty- I've seen her put Martha to shame. She has a way with paper like no one I've seen. Great style, great friend, great person. I love her dearly. She has shared her holiday decor with us. Here we go....














Jens home is beautiful. Did you notice the floors? Reclaimed wide plank wood floors. Stunning. Add to that an aesthetic that has a hint of a country, mixed with modern and add to that the natural elements like the floors and fireplace.
I love how the holiday decor blends seamlessly. I am so in agreement with this kind of decorating. It's flattering to the home, creates an environment but doesn't overwhelm. The wreath hung on the mirror, garland on the fireplace to the welcoming decor outside, it's all tied together and creates an environment that is spectacularly festive. An eggnog in front of the fire- anytime ;)
Thanks Jen for sharing your home.
xo

No comments: